The warm weather has arrived and we are thrilled. It is our mission to spend our days outdoors and playing as much as possible! We are so lucky that Richmond has so many great outdoor parks and splash pads that are free. I’m thankful to be raising kids in such a family friendly city. Here are a few of our favorite places to go, when it’s hot, hot, hot!
- Twin Hickory Splash Pad– This place is a blast! It’s mostly fenced in. There is a toddler playground, big kid playground, picnic tables, an amazing splash pad area and thankfully they have added shade in the center where Momma sits and watches it all go down.
- Short Pump Splash Pad – Another great place to play. They have a great pavillion and tables so plan to bring your lunch and stay all day. My one year old loves the splash area here because the water pressure is more her speed. My older boys are huge fans on the playground area. They like to get wet and then go as fast as they can down the warm slides!
- The ARC Park – This park is amazing! So much for the kids to do and accessible to people of all ability levels. They have water misting and a water play table so everyone can stay cool. We love it.
- Stony Point Splash Pad– If you are a southsider this is probably your closest free water play option. The great thing about there splash pad are the shaded benches for you to watch your kids from.
- Westover Hills Tot Lot– This is the best park if you have preschool aged kids…especially if you have more than one to look after at a time. This park is small, full of toys and stays pretty shaded all summer long. This is my four year olds absolute favorite park. Extra perk is the same crew tends to frequent it, so it’s an easy place to make friends too.
I hope you soak up the summer!