Guys, fall… it’s magical.
Pumpkin spice lattes, do I have to say anymore?
There are so many things I love so much about this time of year, scarfs, boots, pumpkins, Halloween, chili, the beautiful leaves changing color…the list is so long! I’ll spare you the complete list of fall favorites and just share some of our favorite things to do as a family this time of year.
- Apple Picking– Carter Mountain Orchard is beyond beautiful in the fall. This place offers apple donuts (so yummy), hard cider (!!) and amazing views. It’s really close to the super quaint downtown Charlottesville area, so we try to go in the morning and then grab lunch at a Charlottesville local restaurant. It’s a great Saturday family outing!
- Dairy Farm Fall Festival- This sweet farm is a about and hour south of Richmond but so worth the trip! We took advantage of their homeschool day last year and it was probably the most favorite thing we did the whole school year. They have a great tour, where the kids can learn so much about how the dairy farm works. We got to see so many cute farm animals. They had a great little play space for the kids, pumpkins and a sweet hayride.
- Halloween Fall Festivals- As an adult with little kids I’ve become a Halloween enthusiast! The costumes are adorable, who doesn’t love free candy and there are so many great free local festivals. One of our favorite to attend is at West End Assembly of God . They go ALL OUT. Bouncy houses, entertainment, games, petting zoo, candy. They normally have the event the weekend prior to Halloween. When it gets close, you gotta check it out!
- Saturday Salutations- Yoga outside has to be one of the best stress relievers out there. Yoga outside in the fall, is even better. Project Yoga hosts all kinds of pay what you can classes. I’m a huge fan of the Saturday class every other week at the VMFA. Kids are welcome to come too, if you think they are up for an hour of yoga!
- Maymont- Maymont in the fall is just plain lovely. Pack a picnic, take your time and enjoy those amazing changing leaves.
Hope you take the time to enjoy all this time of year has to offer. I think Richmond may be the best place to be in the Fall, so much to see and enjoy!
Originally published here.